Booking a theory test to get your UK driving license can be a stressful process. You want to do as much as you can to give yourself the best chance of passing first time. Having spent a fair amount of time researching the process I will attempt to demystify booking a theory test in the UK.
1. You must be a resident of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands and have a valid UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands driving license to book a theory test.
2. You can book your theory test online or by phone.
3. On completing your booking you’ll receive a confirmation email and text with your booking details.
4. Each computer based test takes about 57 minutes but allow 90 minutes for your whole visit to the test centre.
5. Before the start of the test you’ll have: An eyesight check (if you wear glasses or contact lenses please bring them with you) A short practice session where you can get used to the computer and how it works The chance to take an optional break during the test 6. The tests are in two parts: Part 1 is multiple choice questions (57 minutes) You need to get 43 out of 50 questions correct Part 2 is hazard perception (20 minutes) You need to score 44 out of 75 points After each part you’ll be told whether you passed or failed 7. When you’ve finished both parts of the test, you’ll be given a pass certificate if you passed both parts, or a fail certificate if you didn’t pass either part 8. If you don’t
Theory Test Booking Process
For the UK citizens, the theory test booking process is simple and easy to complete. There are two steps that you will have to follow for the booking of theory test. In this article we will discuss about each step and help you understand about the whole process of theory test booking. So let us start with first step of the procedure.
Step 1: Collect Required Documents
The first and foremost thing that you need to do is collect all your required documents. This is important because you will have to submit your details and documents in order to book your theory test. So, make sure that you collect all the required documents before applying for the test otherwise you will not be able to book your theory test because it is a mandatory requirement from DVSA (Driving Vehicle Standards Agency) that you must submit all your required documents in order to book your theory test.
Step 2: Find a Suitable Time To Book Your Test
The second step of the procedure for booking a theory test is to find a suitable time for booking your theory test. The reason behind finding a suitable time is that it will help you avoid last minute stress and tension which might affect your overall performance during your actual test day.
Mostly people don’t know how to book theory test online. In U.K , you can take and book the driving theory test with the help of internet. There are university websites that are specially for the purposes of the theory test booking at universities. The most important thing to remember is that you need proper web access on your mobile phone, tablet or other device and you should have a working camera as well in it. Having an active email account is also mandatory as your application will be sent to this email address.